Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 13:27:59 -0700

Hey Urs,

> I too find this surprising. I suggest you ask on lilypond-user whether this
> is a bug or intended behaviour. If it is intended (due to some engraving
> convention for example) it might be made configurable.

I first posted this to lilypond-user. I don't know if I need to repost
with a clearer explanation and examples?

Karim provided a work-around that seems to solve the problem but it
does add mysterious stuff to the Lilypond file. I don't anticipate too
many users needing to look at the Lilypond code that is generated for
their music but for the sake of those few who do, I do try to keep
things clean. (I probably need to add comments to the Lilypond
generating file as it is.)

Dave