Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 15:09:34 -0700

Hey Mark,

> You are asking a computer (Lilypond) to look good when "one never knows
> what's going to happen."

> IMHO, the two are mutually exclusive.

One of the big reasons I chose Lilypond for this project is how good a
job it does at making things look good by default without human
intervention. Obviously I have to experiment a lot with options and
how I handle things but so far it's doing really well. And even when
something is less than ideal on a particular run -- since the notes
being generated are random --, the results are still generally
acceptable. Lilypond really is a pretty terrific program.