Re: Barcheck with full measure rests

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Barcheck with full measure rests
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 14:38:38 +0200 (CEST)

> what about
>
> \new Voice { << R1 { s2. s4^"some markup" } >> }
>
> ? The \new Voice should not even be necessary in a typical score, with
> blocks like
>
> \score {
>    <<
>      \new Staff <<
>        % clef, time, etc.
>        \new Voice \thisIsWhereMyMusicComesFrom
>      >>
>    >>
> }
>
> (It's only because each simultaneous expression on the outermost level
> gets its own staff by default.)

Thank you for that suggestion. However I'm not convinced it improves
readability in the context of the typical scores I'm typesetting. In my
experience adding new Voices needs careful planing to avoid unwanted side
effects (I generally name all Voices - it appears that's the road to
predictable behaviour).

As I wrote in my previous post, I can achieve what I want albeit with an IMO
ugly construct. If that is currently the way to go, so be it.

Thank you for improving my understanding,
Michael
--
Michael Gerdau email: address@hidden