Re: How to get more measures on one line?

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: Re: How to get more measures on one line?
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 10:28:04 +0200

Hi Mia,

I saw your mail but since I’m far from being a “LilyPond guru” I was not inclined to reply immediately.
I get the impression that your problem has not been solved yet.
So maybe this can help you.
I have of course no idea what your music looks like. It sometimes just happens to me that a whole system is occupied by just one bar with all notes, as you say,  spaced way too far apart.
When, for example, I guess that 3 bars would be right I just add \break at the end of that third bar in the topmost voice, just before the barline. It usually works, not always. Sometimes there seems to be some error further down the line which prevents it.
BTW, I do not use Frescobaldi and so do not use its score wizzard.

HTH
Best regards,

Robert Blackstone