Re: Jazz chords layout question

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Jazz chords layout question
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 21:24:24 +0200

Hi Jaques,

I guess I can answer some of your questions ..

The box issue: check out the mark formatter settings here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/bars.en.html#rehearsal-marks

For the percent repeats to appear in a ChordNames context, you'll need to have it accept percent repeats first - that's not a default setting.
Placint something like

\context{

  \ChordNames

    \consists Percent_repeat_engraver
    \consists Double_percent_repeat_engraver
}

in the \layout block should do it. I'm not sure if you'll need both of the engravers - just toy around with it ...

About the measure length - sorry no idea. I never bothered about that. But I know it *can* be done ... anyone?

About the second volta line. There, I'm not sure if this can be done. If so, it looks like it's going to be messy.

Best of luck,
Robert