Re: How to increase the distance between staves?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: How to increase the distance between staves?
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 18:26:11 +0200

Am Mi., 24. Juli 2019 um 17:52 Uhr schrieb Richard Shann
<address@hidden>:

> On Wed, 2019-07-24 at 12:54 +0100, Peter Toye wrote:
> > I want to increase the distance between the staves
>
> I've just been asked a similar question of address@hidden and
> looking into it I came up with the following example which has a
> variety of \layout {} blocks with which I'm trying to influence the
> spacing between the staffs within the staff groups and between a staff
> group and the following staff(-group). I've included examples
> overriding StaffGrouper.xxx and VerticalAxisGroup.xxx but I can't find
> anything that affects the typeset.

You try to set
StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing
in StaffGroup, but the score has none. Try to do it in ChoirStaff.
Doing similar in Staff will have no effect, as well Staff doesn't
contain multible staves ...

Be cautious setting StaffGroup _and_ VerticalAxisGroup in
container-contexts. The latter may override the former.

See code and comments below

HTH,
  Harm

\layout {
  \context {
    \ChoirStaff
    \override StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing =
      #'(
         (basic-distance . 60)
         (minimum-distance . 60)
         (padding . 1)
         (stretchabilty . 0))
    %% See comment below for the risk of newly setting the lis
    \override StaffGrouper.staffgroup-staff-spacing = #'((padding . 10))

    %% Below overrides settings of StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing
    %% and it newly sets the default-list of
    %% VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing
    %% Better provide a full list and generally speaking:
    %% recent ly-version's syntax is superior ;)
%    \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing = #'((padding . 10))