Re: How to set a fixed distance between upper page edge and top line of

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: How to set a fixed distance between upper page edge and top line of first staff?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 09:24:07 +0000

Hi again,

sorry for the noise (although it might have triggered some thoughts that may
prove useful down the road), but I have just found a pretty simple solution for
your case:

{
  \omit Score.SystemStartBar
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol.Y-extent = #'(-5 . 15)
  c'1
}

will make LilyPond believe that the Staff has an extent of 5 staff spaces below
and 15 above the middle line, and so the middle line will always have a
distance from the top margin of *at least* 15 staff spaces.

I have just tested with this .tex file:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[insert=inline,inline-staffsize=20]{lyluatex}
\begin{document}

\begin{lilypond}[insert=inline]
{
  \omit Score.SystemStartBar
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol.Y-extent = #'(-5 . 20)
  c''1
}
\end{lilypond}
\begin{lilypond}[insert=inline]
{
  \omit Score.SystemStartBar
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol.Y-extent = #'(-5 . 20)
  g'''1
}
\end{lilypond}
\begin{lilypond}[insert=inline]
{
  \omit Score.SystemStartBar
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol.Y-extent = #'(-5 . 20)
  c'''1
}
\end{lilypond}
\end{document}

and got the attached result. I'm sure one can wrap this in a usable solution
for your use case.

HTH
Urs