Re: Overriding a global declaration

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Overriding a global declaration
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 22:30:07 +0200

Am So., 4. Aug. 2019 um 20:09 Uhr schrieb John McWilliam
<address@hidden>:

> I’m compiling a book of bagpipe tunes and have used a global declaration
> which suits my Music:
>
> #(set-global-staff-size 16)
>
> I now fine I have one tune which still does not fit onto the page and one
> line of music spills over onto a new page. If I reduce this tune to
> staff-size 15 the problem is solved. Can I do this and maintain my global
> definition for the other tunes?

To have one tune at a lower size I'd use `staffSize´ from
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=862 or the builtin `magnifyStaff´.
Afaik, `set-global-staff-size´ is settable only for books in the samw
file, but not per score...

> In the same collection of tunes I sometimes use the following command:
>
> #(allow-volta-hook “|”)
>
> The problem is that this command is set at the beginning of the tune and
> affects all my volta spanners. Can I override this where an open spanner is
> desired?

No, you can't, `allow-volta-hook´ works per "session", i.e. for the whole file.
Instead you can define a special bar-line and allow volta-hooks for this one:

%% same as "|" apart from the name
#(define-bar-line "|-hook" "|" #f "|")

#(allow-volta-hook "|-hook")

\new Staff {