Re: Bar in a Symphony by Beethoven

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Bar in a Symphony by Beethoven
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 08:37:41 -0400

On 8/12/2019 4:39 AM, Andrew Bernard wrote:
Hi Victor,

Now that Ben has given the game away :-) here's the code to make all beams flat:

\override Beam.damping = #+inf.0

So now I can transform your exercise: use the NR to find out exactly what the RHS means, and also how to use overrides.

The composer I engrave for uses flat beams throughout, so this is a great little function. Certainly not a normal style, but lilypond can do anything, pretty much.

All the best!

Andrew

Andrew,

Interestingly, I just tried searching my entire 885 page, LilyPond 2.19.81 Notation Reference PDF for any hit including the term "#+inf.0" and it came up with zero results. I did search through the mailing list and did find a post of yours from back on Nov 20, 2015 where you mention the use of \override Beam.damping = #+inf.0 though. Do you know where that syntax is in the manual? Where did you find it? :)

Also, what's RHS?