Re: Melisma breaking converting from 2.18 to 2.19

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Melisma breaking converting from 2.18 to 2.19
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 23:40:36 -0500

On Tue 27 Aug 2019 at 12:21:39 (-0400), Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > Just to make it clear—my reply was aimed at Malte's MWE
> > and not at the OP who hasn't yet shown us what their problem is.
>
> Ah, okay.  =)
>
> I was just noting (for the OP) that a whole bunch of my scores with lyrics
> "stopped working" early in the 2.19s, and adding \new Voice before the << >>
> solved every single one of the issues.

Ah, I see what you're saying now. In which case, my guess (again, from
observations and not from any knowledge of the inner workings of LP)
is that you relied upon LP instantiating a Voice context outside the
<< >>, whereas it chose inside (attached).

Why did its behaviour change? I would assume it's because if it chose
outside, then it would snooker its new-found ability to set lyrics to
multiple voices at the same time (my Bruckner snippet).

So I don't think it's a bug or a regression, but a side effect of a
new feature, documented at the first bullet point on page 11 of
2.19.83 changes. I suppose it's a case of "Beware all ye that rely
on implied instantiations!"

Cheers,
David.