Re: Easy way for converting .ly to svg document

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Easy way for converting .ly to svg document
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 17:36:58 +1000

Ah. OK. If you use Frescobaldi (and if you don't, it's highly recommended) its a preference setting.

Compiling from the command line, it's an option for the back end.

e.g.:

$ lilypond -dbackend=svg -o test svg.ly

Have a read of the Notation Reference (NR) on command line usage.

I strongly urge people to use 2.19.83 by the way.

So, output to SVG is built in to lilypond. The only caveat is that if you include Postscript paths in your lilypond I don't believe they can get converted to SVG, so avoid that.

Andrew