Re: How to copy from printer or possibility to copy from printer to lily

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: How to copy from printer or possibility to copy from printer to lilypond file
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 09:56:48 +1000

Hello Art,

Perhaps you could start by going to lilypond.org and reading the excellent introductory explanation there, and then read the Notation Reference (NR) manual.

You are right - the website for 2.18.2 only mentions up to Windows 8. I never noticed that. Sure it works on Windows 10. [Although I have no idea what you mean by later than Windows 10.]

I would strongly recommended you use the development version 2.19.83, under the development area. I am always at pains to point out that the dev versions are really very stable.

Lilypond will produce MIDI for you to play.

I have no idea what you mean by notepad notes. Lilypond reads any text file written in lilypond syntax. So you can use any editor. But many people use Frescobaldi, which is a really good coding environment that sits on top of Frescobaldi.

http://frescobaldi.org

There are no stupid questions, and there are many many people here on the list with huge experience willing to help others, but people generally expect you to have familiarised yourself with the basics by reading all the vast documentation material first.

Andrew