Re: Creating combined manuscript/ruled paper

From: tyronicus
Subject: Re: Creating combined manuscript/ruled paper
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 10:26:54 -0700 (MST)

> I'm attempting to use LilyPond to create sheets with blank staves on the
> left half of the page and college-ruled paper (equidistant lines spaced
> by 9/32in, or 7.1mm, apart) on the right.
> How might I go about doing something like this?

You could use a weird score to do the notes side too.

This is what I could come up with in a couple minutes. Of course you'd
probably want thinner lines and no starting barline (I don't know why that's
appearing). And you'd want more music staves. But you could use this as a
starting point.

%%%%%%
\version "2.19.48"

\markup {
   \override #'(span-factor . 31/64)
   \fill-line {
     \column { Left
       \score { \repeat unfold 4 { s1 \break }
         \layout {
           indent = 0 ragged-right = ##f line-width = 3.6\in
           \context { \Score
             \omit Clef \omit TimeSignature \omit BarNumber \omit BarLine
     \column { Right
       \score { s1
         \layout {
           indent = 0 ragged-right = ##f line-width = 3.6\in
           \context { \Score
             \omit Clef \omit TimeSignature \omit BarNumber \omit BarLine
           }
                   \override Staff.StaffSymbol.line-count = #38
                   #(layout-set-staff-size 81)
%%%%