Re: Manually set stanza numbers for repeat alternatives

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Manually set stanza numbers for repeat alternatives
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 19:59:07 +0200

Hi Micheal,
See:
--- http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=915
--- http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=316
HTH,
Cheers,
Pierre

Le mer. 11 sept. 2019 à 18:32, Michael Wagner <address@hidden> a écrit :
I am entering a song - the Beatle’s “Let It Be - into lilypond where there there is a long repeat - “\repeat volta 4 {}”, but there are only 2 alternatives. Lillypond labels the first alternative “1-3”, and the second alternative “4””

But in the song the first alternative is for stanzas 1 and 3, second alternative for verses 2 and 4.

For those who recall the song the first and third verse ends with “Whis — per words of wis — dom, let it be. (Verse 2) And when __“. The second and fourth verses end with “There will an answer, let it be.”

I can’t figure out how to set the stanza numbers for the first alternative to “1.3”,  and for the second alternative to “2.4”. I looked at the manual, and the only info I found seemed to be pretty complicated, repeatCommands to a scheme style list, which has some pretty obscure syntax for a non-scheme programmer.

Is there some simple way to do this?

Sent from my iPad