Multiple context NoteNames

From: Jay Vara
Subject: Multiple context NoteNames
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 11:20:58 +0100

I have defined alternate note names using the following method:

newnames =
#`(("c" . "S")
   ("d" . "R")
   ("e" . "G")
   ("f" . "M")
   ("g" . "P")
   ("a" . "D")
   ("b" . "N"))

myNoteNames =
#(lambda (grob)
   (let* ((default-name (ly:grob-property grob 'text))
          (new-name (assoc-get default-name newnames)))
         (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'text new-name)
   (ly:text-interface::print grob)))

geetam = \relative c' { e4 e g2 g a4 g c2 c }

\new Staff
<<
  \geetam
  \context NoteNames \with {
    \override NoteName #'stencil = #myNoteNames
  } { \geetam}

This works perfectly.

Now, some of the student also want to see the names of notes C, D, E, F, G, A, B.

Is there a way to show both the note names I have defined and the english note names? Ideally, one would be below the other.