different staff-staff spacing throughout piece

From: Rachel Knight
Subject: different staff-staff spacing throughout piece
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 14:02:57 -0700

Hi,

Is it possible to have different staff-staff spacing throughout a score? I
found the command (listed below) and the documentation said to put it in a
\with section or in the \layout block for global settings. My piece opens with
a cadenza and I want the staffs to be further apart for easier reading as there
are a lot of knee-beams, but for the rest of the piece, I want the default
staff-staff spacing. Is this possible?

\override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #10

Best,
Rachel