Re: Lilypond on OS X Catalina

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: Re: Lilypond on OS X Catalina
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 10:40:07 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

On 13 Sep 2019, at 19:30, Henning Hraban Ramm <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 2019-09-13 um 19:15 schrieb Allan Kinnaird via lilypond-user
<address@hidden>:

Apple flagged on the release of Mojave that it would be the last version of OS
X to support 32-bit applications, and the indications are that Catalina will
only operate with 64-bit applications.
On a system analysis, Lilypond is the only significant application I have still
showing as 32-bit.
Is anyone working on a Catalina compilation of Lilypond? If so, when might the
package be posted?
I am willing to try compiling from source, in spite of recommendations against
on the website.
I know there may be problems - the website provides suggestions for compiling
using dependencies from MacPorts, …

In my experience (on OSX 10.9.5 and Mojave) … install Lilypond and Frescobaldi
… quite easily with MacPorts (lilypond-devel and frescobaldi-devel).

I tried to install lilypond-devel on MacPorts "sudo port install lilypond-devel" with no success:

Error: Failed to build lilypond-devel: command execution failed
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lilypond-devel/lilypond-devel/main.log for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Error: Processing of port lilypond-devel failed

Unfortunately I am not able to resolve the problem myself.
I could post the log if someone is willing to look at it and help.

MacOS 10.14.6
Xcode 11.0

Thank you,
Thomas