[OT] dicemusic -- a common-lisp generator of lilypond scores

From: Mark Probert
Subject: [OT] dicemusic -- a common-lisp generator of lilypond scores
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 14:12:22 +1000

Hi, all.

While not of general interest, I thought some of you might find this
small project of mine amusing.  I was recently inspired by a YT video
to have a go at coding one of the late 18th C dice music games (the
"Mozart" Waltz generator Simrock published in 1793).  It was a fun
exercise and then I found out that the clever folk at opus-infinity.org
had trodden this ground before me... oh well. Still I give away the
source code :-)

Anyhow, this is one way of creating lilypond scores and I'd be grateful
if people had comments either on the lilypond idioms I've used (it is a
parallelMusic thing) or on my CL (I'm pretty new to that idiom as well).

Anyhow, as it currently is it generates 2xbar 3/8 waltzes in a late-18C
style. They are really quite cute.

More here

  http://archsys.net/pages/coding/#dicemusic

Kind regards .. mark.