\editorialMarkup correction with null value

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: \editorialMarkup correction with null value
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 16:25:47 +0200

Hi List,

I'm copying an old manuscript that has erroneously put a ten-bar rest at the end of two voice parts. I want to use the ScholarLY interface to add an annotation to address this in the source. From what I understand of the documentation, the syntax is the following:
-----------------------
\choice emendation \with {
    author = me
    message = "erroneous ten-bar rest in source"
}{
   \editorialMarkup sic { R2*10 }
   \editorialMarkup correction {  }
}
but this doesn't work, and causes the next emendation to break as well. So my general question is this:

is there a code in lilypond I can put into this _expression_ that would read as a valid music _expression_, but would act as a sort of empty _expression_ that doesn't take any rhythmic space?

Thanks for the help,