Re: \editorialMarkup correction with null value

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: \editorialMarkup correction with null value
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 14:58:47 +0000

Hi Andrew,

15. Oktober 2019 16:47, "N. Andrew Walsh" <address@hidden> schrieb:

> Hi Urs,
>
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 4:30 PM Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I can't test right now, but I'd first try with these variants
>> correction { s1*0 }
>> correction { <>1*0 }
>> correction { {} }
>
> The first of these worked fine, but it turns out my problem wasn't exactly
> that. From what I can
> tell, in the emendation type the 'correction' expression requires a '\with {
> type = [type] }'
> expression before the music expression, or else it won't work. So the
> emendation has a \with block,
> and the correction expression within it has its own. This is some nice added
> information, and I'm
> glad it's there, but it took me a bit to figure out what the correct syntax
> was.

Well, it's documented as such: "Encodes the text as corrected by the current
editor. Requires the `type` attribute , which must be one out of `addition`,
`deletion`, and `substitution`.

There has to have been some error reporting. Could you please recheck and state
what that was? Was it any useful message produced by scholarLY, or just a
seemingly random LilyPond error?

> Anyway, it works now. Thanks again! This really is an excellent function.
>
> Another general question: can the \choice expression work within \lyricmode
> expressions?

I don't know, but AFAIK \lyricmode expressions *are* music expressions, and so
it might as well be possible. However, as (IIRC) the span annotation has to be
attached to an *anchor* it may as well be possible that this currently is *not*
possible. In that case I'd have to determine a suitable object at the start of
the expression where the annotation can be attached to.

Best
Urs