Re: Lilypond on OS X Catalina

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: Lilypond on OS X Catalina
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 18:12:04 -0500

I was a long time user of Fink, another package manager for Mac. Out of
curiosity I tried Homebrew but learned it sprinkled files in many places. Fink
had everything in one location, so it was easy to uninstall. MacPorts is my
preference now, due to its file management policy and excellent support. I
appreciate the addition of the LilyPond-development port, which compiled
without a hiccup yesterday. However, I am not planning to upgrade to Catalina
until it is more stable and all my “essential” apps are 64-bit.

I am grateful to all those working on the licensing problem and wish them
success.

Stan