Re: Problems with the mailing list?

From: Urs Liska
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 21:27:20 +0200

All I can say is that I received all your original posts.

Urs

Am 19. Oktober 2019 19:36:40 MESZ schrieb J Martin Rushton via lilypond-user <address@hidden>:
At 18/10/2019, 23:14 I sent the following message as part of the
"Frescobaldi, improve support for audio export" thread:
Anyone planning on using VLC on Fedora, RHEL or CentOS needs to check
out the current situation. For RHEL/CentOS AIUI:

7.7 VLC from the usual sources does not work (in fact crashes some updates).
8.0 VLC is not available.

There is a VLC available through flatpack, but I've not used it (so
therefore cannot comment), but have seen warnings that it will pull in
up to 1.2 GiB of other packages including the complete KDE implementation.
The message does not appear to have got through to the main listing, but
the second and third parts of it were picked up by "Bill", and appended
to a note about Mint (to which they had no relevance) and labelled
"Curious".

Half of this was then picked up by Hraban with the comment "Don’t know
where those come from".

I replied to the thread pointing out the original message and the
context to which it belongs, and supplying the sources for the statements:
Nowhere did I mention Mint. The summary is derived from traffic on the
CentOS maillist (address@hidden) and the CentOS forums
(https://www.centos.org/forums).
This has again failed to be published.

I see that Bill is again part quoting me in a new thread "vlc or
comverting midi to mp3".

Please desist from partial, out of context, quotations accompanied by
disparaging comments. It is particularly important where the original
signature is copied in, as for Bill's first reply.