Re: Double-underline markup

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Double-underline markup
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 21:47:00 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Am So., 20. Okt. 2019 um 12:58 Uhr schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>>
>> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>> Basically, the idea was to just call something like
>>
>>   (interpret-markup layout (prepend-alist-chain 'offset (1+ offset) props)
>> arg)
>
> I thought I tried that unsuccessfully, maybe the incantation was not
> exactly correct...
>
> Now it works and I come up with below.
> Though, it bugs me that the _innermost_ \underline call ends up lowest
> as you wrote and I found no automagic way to do it different.
>
> Any ideas?

Nope.  Properties are passed _in_, stencil (with metrics and outline)
are passed _out_.  If you work via properties, the outermost call will
not yet know about how many inner underlines may be contained inside.
So depending on where the information is passed, it's the responsibility
of the outermost or innermost call to put the underline right under the
text.

--
David Kastrup