Re: Problems with the mailing list?

From: David Wright
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 22:30:43 -0500

On Sun 20 Oct 2019 at 09:50:35 (+0100), Lilypond-User wrote:
> On 20/10/2019 02:30, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> > Not sure what you mean, I do not see my post either.    This works for
> > me, just add you address to  "To", you can do this Bcc.   Try it!   True
> > it will not go through the LP mail service but you will see what you
> > sent in  your Inbox
> > ƒg
>
> Thanks, I'm quite well aware about extra "To:" entries, "CC:" entries or
> "BCC:".  I'm also aware of the "Sent" mailbox which preserves an
> outgoing copy.  All of the above though short-circuits the process
> inasmuch as they are returned either by my MUA (Thunderbird) or else by
> the first MTA that it hits.  None of them prove that the message has
> reached Lily's MUA and hence the other members of the mailing
> list.

Hi, I'm afraid I'm no expert on email and mailing lists, so I can only
report what I see and suggest what might help.

There appears to be something odd going on somewhere, but I've only
noticed it on this list (of the two I subscribe to). The first
instance I happen to have saved is from 22 July and, funnily enough,
was about seeing attachments (in the digest subscription, I think).
In all, I have about 16 examples, involving 5 senders. The symptoms
are that I see the (interesting) headers in a very odd order: