Re: Using rumor with Docker container on MacOS

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Using rumor with Docker container on MacOS
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 06:36:28 +0100

Il giorno lun 28 ott 2019 alle 01:34, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I have a friend who has seen my lilypond work and would like to get involved with lilypond.

He would like to use a MIDI keyboard, rather than the keyboard, to be able to input music.

Frescobaldi with rumor appears to meet his needs, except for the fact that rumor is only supported on Linux systems, and he uses MacOS

Frescobaldi 3 (without Rumor) also supports MIDI input.

I have seen no MacPorts or Homebrew solutions for using rumor. So I was hoping to set up rumor to use with one of the Docker containers for LilyDev (preferably the lilypond container, rather than the lilydev container).

I have never used Docker before, but I was able to get it set up with a few false starts (thanks, Federico!).

Could somebody (maybe Federico) give me some pointers on how I might add rumor to a Docker container? Or maybe set up a new Docker container? Since rumor doesn't add the music into Lilypond files, as I understand it, but instead creates music to be pasted into a lilypond source file, I think I could use rumor in a Docker container, and paste the results of a rumor run into a Frescobaldi window.

You should thank Dan Eble for all the work on the Docker container.
I think you can just add the rumor package in the Dockerfile and build the image.