Re: how to implement the snippet in the attachment

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: how to implement the snippet in the attachment
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 13:44:25 +0100

On 31.10.19 15:32, DJF wrote:
\relative c'' {
\key f \major
<<{bes2 ~ <d, f bes>8 <bes d g> <c e a>4} \\
{r4 <f d> ~ \hideNotes <f d>8 \unHideNotes s8 s4 } >>
}

Code formatting matters. The above may be legible to LilyPond, and maybe you’re used to that style, but if you’re sharing code, please stick to the standards evident from the source code and documentation. Frescobaldi’s auto-format is very good as well. Here’s the same with good formatting:

\relative c'' {
  \key f \major
  <<
    { bes2~ <d, f bes>8 <bes d g> <c e a>4 }
    \\
    { r4 <f d>~ \hideNotes <f d>8 \unHideNotes s8 s4 }

}

If you have questions about any of the changes I made, I’m happy to explain them. All are made with good reason and help understanding how the code works.

Best, Simon