Re: Frescobaldi LilyPond Log

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi LilyPond Log
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 23:10:37 -0400

On 11/2/2019 10:57 PM, Freeman Gilmore wrote:

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 10:51 PM Ben <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11/2/2019 10:16 PM, Freeman Gilmore wrote:

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 9:59 PM Ben <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11/2/2019 9:31 PM, Freeman Gilmore wrote:

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 9:26 PM Ben <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11/2/2019 8:16 PM, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
Is there a way to make the font larger in the Frescobaldi, LilyPond Log?
Thank you,
ƒg

Yes, you can hover the mouse over the log and use the mouse wheel + control key to change font size. :)

Is there a way to simulate the Wheel?     I use a touchpad.
Thank you,
ƒg

There can be yes, but it depends. What hardware are you using? Laptop brand/model? What OS?

I have a Dell that has a Simulated Wheel, touchpad is designed for it  but i do not use that for Frescobaldi.   The touchpad keyboard i am using does not know how many fingers i am using on the pad.   Just thinking there could be so way to set the keys to simulate a wheel.   Probably not.
Thank you,
ƒg

Hi,

Right. But are you running Windows on that Dell or a Linux flavor? I'm just going to guess and assume Windows.

If so, it's pretty easy to setup an AutoHotKey script to simulate a mouse scroll wheel up/down so that's what I would do if you don't have/can't get access to a mouse.

Windows but i would not have a clue.   I will try to find how.
Thanks you.
ƒg

No problem, I got you.  :)

Here's what you do:

First, download AutoHotKey.

https://www.autohotkey.com/download/ahk-install.exe

Install it, defaults are fine.

Then, download this script to your desktop (it's an .AHK file) - a script that maps the entire NUMPAD to mouse controls.

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/scripts/NumpadMouse.ahk

(you only need to worry about the scroll options which is NUM add / NUM sub ( + -)

Then, double click the AHK file to "run it". You should see the icon in your tray now.

That's it! :)

Now, if you hold CONTROL + the NUMPAD minus or plus, you can scroll the font size in Frescobaldi log files.

Just tested it, works beautifully.

Just make sure you have SCROLL LOCK for this to work.

When you're finished and the log is the right size, you can always close the script from your tray and go back to whatever you had.

Hope this helps!

============

/*
o------------------------------------------------------------o
|Using Keyboard Numpad as a Mouse                            |
(------------------------------------------------------------)
| By deguix           / A Script file for AutoHotkey 1.0.22+ |
|                    ----------------------------------------|
|    This script is an example of use of AutoHotkey. It uses |
| the remapping of numpad keys of a keyboard to transform it |
| into a mouse. Some features are the acceleration which     |
| enables you to increase the mouse movement when holding    |
| a key for a long time, and the rotation which makes the    |
| numpad mouse to "turn". I.e. NumpadDown as NumpadUp        |
| and vice-versa. See the list of keys used below:           |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
| Keys                  | Description                        |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
| ScrollLock (toggle on)| Activates numpad mouse mode.       |
|-----------------------|------------------------------------|
| Numpad0               | Left mouse button click.           |
| Numpad5               | Middle mouse button click.         |
| NumpadDot             | Right mouse button click.          |
| NumpadDiv/NumpadMult  | X1/X2 mouse button click. (Win 2k+)|
| NumpadSub/NumpadAdd   | Moves up/down the mouse wheel.     |
|                       |                                    |
|-----------------------|------------------------------------|
| NumLock (toggled off) | Activates mouse movement mode.     |
|-----------------------|------------------------------------|
| NumpadEnd/Down/PgDn/  | Mouse movement.                    |
| /Left/Right/Home/Up/  |                                    |
| /PgUp                 |                                    |
|                       |                                    |
|-----------------------|------------------------------------|
| NumLock (toggled on)  | Activates mouse speed adj. mode.   |
|-----------------------|------------------------------------|
| Numpad7/Numpad1       | Inc./dec. acceleration per         |
|                       | button press.                      |
| Numpad8/Numpad2       | Inc./dec. initial speed per        |
|                       | button press.                      |
| Numpad9/Numpad3       | Inc./dec. maximum speed per        |
|                       | button press.                      |
| ^Numpad7/^Numpad1     | Inc./dec. wheel acceleration per   |
|                       | button press*.                     |
| ^Numpad8/^Numpad2     | Inc./dec. wheel initial speed per  |
|                       | button press*.                     |
| ^Numpad9/^Numpad3     | Inc./dec. wheel maximum speed per  |
|                       | button press*.                     |
| Numpad4/Numpad6       | Inc./dec. rotation angle to        |
|                       | right in degrees. (i.e. 180° =     |
|                       | = inversed controls).              |
| * = These options are affected by the mouse wheel speed    |
| adjusted on Control Panel. If you don't have a mouse with  |
| wheel, the default is 3 +/- lines per option button press. |
*/