Re: How to use optional arguments / parameters in a define-markup-comman

From: Karsten Reincke
Subject: Re: How to use optional arguments / parameters in a define-markup-command
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 09:13:56 +0100

On Mon, 2019-11-04 at 23:06 +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:
> Am Mo., 4. Nov. 2019 um 18:00 Uhr schrieb Karsten Reincke <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> Let me quote another part of my reply:
>
> Am Fr., 1. Nov. 2019 um 16:01 Uhr schrieb Thomas Morley
> <address@hidden>:
>
> > For variable amount of args I'd go for list? (or the like) and let the
> > body of your code sort it out.
>
> And that's basically what you do in your example-code.

You are totally correct. Unfortunately, I did not read your mail as thoroughly
as
it should had been done. So, I had to find th solution by myself. But of course.
it stays your idea.

> > #(define (assign keyValue assocList defaultValue)
> >   (string? list?)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> As far as I can tell this line is superfluous, returning #f.

Yep, you are right. Due to the fact, that I later on decided also to allow other
default values than strings, I erased the third type test without considering
that
then a third type is missed. So it is indeed better to erase the complete line.

Thanks for the hint.

> Cheers,
>   Harm

Best regards, Karsten
--
  Karsten Reincke    /\/\   (+49|0) 170 / 927 78 57
 Im Braungeröll 31   >oo<  mailto:address@hidden