question about ottava spanner

From: Jinsong Zhao
Subject: question about ottava spanner
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 01:14:41 +0800

Hi there,

In the following MWE, you may notice that the ottava spanner have different behavior. It may be my fault. However, I dont know how to correct it.

The first question is why the first ottava spanner extent to the second note? The second question is how to prevent the ottava spanner merging, shown as the last two notes.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated.

Best,

Jinsong

\version "2.19.83"

\relative{

  \clef bass

  \key g \major

  \time 3/4

  \override Staff.OttavaBracket.direction = #DOWN

  <<

    { s4 <b e g b>2 }

    \\

    {