Re: Overriding position of a full bar rest does not always work

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Overriding position of a full bar rest does not always work
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 10:42:18 +0000

Hello Kieren,

I've  just thought of another reason not too use \mark for placing text for tempo changes and expressive text: what happens if it's not at the beginning of the bar? You would have to do a lot of tweaking to get the position just right - and then you decide to change the music in another staff which screws it up again (Sod's law). Using a silent voice to place the text accurately and tweaking the position of the full bar rest strikes me as an easier way of doing it.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com