Re: Writing notes in Pythagorean tuning in microlily

From: kupirijo
Subject: Re: Writing notes in Pythagorean tuning in microlily
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 00:48:00 +0000

Thank you Adam for your message.

I am still confused by the usage of 72-TET (see excerpt below)

%{
Define makam alterations 72 ET
%}

#(define-public KOMA 1/12) % KOMA 1/9
#(define-public CEYREK 3/12) % CEYREK quarter 1/4
#(define-public EKSIK-BAKIYE 4/12) % EKSIK-BAKIYE 3/9
#(define-public BAKIYE 5/12) % BAKIYE 4/9
#(define-public KUCUK 6/12) % KUCUK 5/9
#(define-public BUYUKMUCENNEB 10/12) % BUYUKMUCENNEB 8/9
#(define-public TANINI 11/12) % 10/9

The AEU notation is based on 53 TET, so KOMA should be 1/53, EKSIK-BAKIYE 4/53 etc

Also the natural notes C D E F G A B are different in 53-TET than in N-TET that are multiple of 12 TET systems like 12-TET, 24-TET or 72-TET

So with respect to C as tonic, D is not 200 cents, E is not 400 cents etc.

kupirijo

Στις 3/12/19 10:02 pm, ο Adam Good έγραψε:
Hi Everyone,
Here's Adam Good. My apologies for arriving late to the party I wasn't aware of this thread! From what I can see this looks to be the most updated version of turkish-makam.ly in the dev channel.

This has been the most practical solution from my view, until we can get regular.ly involved.

Best,
Adam

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 5:02 PM Hans Åberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2019, at 22:40, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hans Åberg <address@hidden> writes:

>>> And requires OpenLilyLib to run?
>>
>> Just the file definitions.ily. I’ll send you a sample, so you can try.
>
> No, I am not really interested.  But we shouldn't distribute stuff as
> part of LilyPond that requires OpenLilylib to run.

The development version, that is, not the one submitted. The components are slowly moving becoming a part of LilyPond.