Re: Piano Staves equidistant from Middle C?

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Piano Staves equidistant from Middle C?
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 15:57:58 +0100

Am 04.12.19 um 14:46 schrieb Kale Good:
Hello,

I'm trying to get my piano staves equidistant from middle C, with precisely the width of one staff-space between middle C and the top line of the bass clef and the bottom line of the treble.

I’m not sure why setting values for PianoStaff.StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing doesn’t work here after looking at https://joramberger.de/files/LilypondSpacing.pdf but setting the spacing below the top staff works:

\version "2.19.83"

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff \with {
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing.minimum-distance = 6
  } \relative { g'1 f e d c d e f g }
  \new Staff \relative { \clef bass f g a b s b a g f }