Re: transpositions within a global key setting.

From: Rick Kimpel
Subject: Re: transpositions within a global key setting.
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 15:54:07 +0000

Andrew,
Try this:

\transposition a \transpose a c {
   \global
   \clef treble
   \relative c''' { %notes go here }
}

Regards,
Rick

From: lilypond-user <lilypond-user-bounces+rick.kimpel=address@hidden> on behalf of N. Andrew Walsh <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 8:24 AM
To: lilypond-user <address@hidden>
Subject: transpositions within a global key setting.

Hi List,

let us say I have a piece where I want to specify the key signature once for all instruments. I have something like the following:

\version = 2.19.82
global= {
 \key f \minor
 \time 4/8
  }
%% (and whatever other settings I want)

oDAMusic = \transpose a c {
  \relative c''' {
    \key as \minor
    {{MUSIC}}
\score {
\new Staff = "Staff_oboeDA" <<
      \global \oDAMusic

}

I've omitted other variables, instrument blocks, and settings. My question is what to do about this instrument, the oboe d'amore, which transposes. According to the NR, here:

I would need to format the block like this to print the correct key signature. When I do this, however, Lily throws an error about "Two simultaneous key-change events" and that one will be junked. Score output, however, looks fine, with the transposition and key-signature correct.

As a general question, how should I be formatting this so that I don't get an error?