Re: polyrhythm with multiple tempi

From: Stefano Troncaro
Subject: Re: polyrhythm with multiple tempi
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 15:22:45 -0300

I've nothing to add to the discussion, but I felt the need to express that I am completely impressed by how easily Lilypond manages this. This is awesome!

El mié., 11 dic. 2019 a las 11:10, Kieren MacMillan (<address@hidden>) escribió:
Hi there,

> \scaleDurations does not scale the measure length as well. Try inserting
>   \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 12/8)
> in the \slower part.

That’s great! Thanks.

Note for future readers: the order of operations is important! The override must happen *after* the \time command. So the final [working] snippet is

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.83"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Timing_translator"
    \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
    \remove "Metronome_mark_engraver"
  }
  \context {
    \Staff
    \consists "Timing_translator"
    \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"
    \consists "Metronome_mark_engraver"

slower = {
  \time 4/4
  \tempo 4=90
  \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 12/9)
  \scaleDurations 120/90 {
    \repeat unfold 16 { c'4 }

faster = {
  \time 4/4