Weinberg Drumkit Map

From: Ignacio Lois
Subject: Weinberg Drumkit Map
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 12:02:42 -0300

Hello everyone,

Lately I was pointed in Norm Weinberg's direction for a standard drumkit notation. I noticed there were quite a few differences in Weinberg's drum key with respect to LilyPond's default (hihat being probably the most confusing). Other available mappings had differences as well.

So I made my own basic drum map with the things I need (you can see it here). Coincidentally someone else was doing the same thing, and there was some comments on facebook regarding the possibility of including a template of this in LilyPond.

I think it can be useful. Is anyone interested in making this happen? Or can you tell me how to do it myself?

Cheers.