Swing/Shuffle rhythmMark

From: address@hidden
Subject: Swing/Shuffle rhythmMark
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 22:27:35 +0100

Hi folks

Back again after quite a while.

I'm starting to typeset a songbook (or song sheets) for a
singer-songwriter friend of mine who is about to launch another
swiss-german children songs cd.

First hurdle:

I'd like to typeset a shuffled/swinged melody with 8th only instead of
- a8. a16 a8. a16 (punctuated) or
- \tuplet 3/2 {a4 a8}

which both make the score extremely cluttered.

I tried the example from http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=204,
where "Swing" or "Shuffle" would be exactly what I'm looking for.
I copy&pasted the entire functions an example code from this link into a
single file (commenting line 274 "system-system-spacing ..." which
throws a return code 1).
The output of both functions \rhythmMark and \rhythmMarkC is missing the
note heads. (additionally the \rhythmMarkC function prints the text
strings in the middle of the system (3rd line as baseline) instead of
over the sytem in front of the rhythmic patterns.)

In the snippet source code there are links to the v2.18 documentation
which indicates that the code at least worked with 2.18. I'm running
2.19.83. Might this be the reason for the errors? How to fix the errors?
(No idea about scheme programming :-/ ) I uninstalled v2.18 from my
system quite a while ago.

Or are there other hints how to address my challenge?

TIA&Regards

Steff