Re: Accidentals from SMuFL?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Accidentals from SMuFL?
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:45:19 +1100

Hi Freeman,

Be assured that this can be done. I use the following technique all the time.

First you need to be familiar with openlilylib and install it. See
archives for instructions. [I cant assume you know how to use it.]
Then there is a snippet for custom-music-fonts/smufl.

Here's some functions I have, as an example.

Andrew

%=====
\version "2.21.0"

\include "custom-music-fonts/smufl/definitions.ily"

accidentalHalfSharpArrowUp =
#(define-music-function (note)
   (ly:music?)
   #{ \once \override Voice.Accidental.stencil =
      #ly:text-interface::print
      \once \override Voice.Accidental.text =
      \markup {
        \smuflglyph "accidentalHalfSharpArrowUp"
      }
      $note #})

accidentalNaturalRaise =
#(define-music-function (note)
   (ly:music?)
   #{ \once \override Voice.Accidental.stencil =
      #ly:text-interface::print
      \once \override Voice.Accidental.text =
      \markup {
        \smuflglyph "accidentalQuarterToneSharpNaturalArrowUp"
      }
      $note #})

%{
treble = {