Re: Book Structure and Frescobaldi

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Book Structure and Frescobaldi
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 16:44:42 +0000

Jerry,

>From: "JxStarks ." <address@hidden>
>Date: Monday, December 23, 2019 at 7:48 PM
>To: <address@hidden>
>Subject: Book Structure and Frescobaldi
>
>Hi,
>I'm using LilyPond 2.18.2 and Frescobaldi 2.20.0.
>When I create music with Frescobaldi, it generates this structure:
There are a couple of issues with this code.

1) You have replaced actual lilypond code with …   Please don’t do that in the
future; it makes it difficult for us to help you.
2) Your editor has replaced the quotation character " and apostrophe character
' with "smart quotes".  This is one reason why it is best to use text format,
rather than html format, for emails to the list.
But, all you needed to do was place a \book{ } around your score, as I have
shown below:

%%%% Beginning of code

\version "2.18.2"
\header { title="Test Title" }
global = { \key f \major
           \time 4/4}

violin = \relative c'' { \global c4 e f g }
clarinet = \relative c' { \global a4 b c d}
cello = \relative c' { \global g4 a b c }

violinpart = \new Staff \with {
    instumentName = ""
    shortInstrumentName = ""
  } \violin