More convert-ly tribulations

From: Peter Gentry
Subject: More convert-ly tribulations
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 18:08:16 -0000

Thinking I would learn more about python I installed Visual Studio.

Now when I try and run the batch file I get

SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(log[0])?

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin\convert-ly.py", line 52, in <module>

    import lilylib as ly

  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\python\lilylib.py", line 238

    print log[0]

repeated for every file “updated”

Visual Studio has replaced my python app setting with a series of its own.

Is it at all possible to have visual studio and Lily Python on the same machine.

I will try and alter my file type but it looks as though it is in the Lily convert-ly.py attempt to import lilylib as ly whatever that does that is the elephant trap.

Python seems to be a right pain with all its various invarnations it’s a wonder anything works.

Regards Peter