Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.1 has been released!

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.1 has been released!
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 00:20:18 +0100

Dear Frescobaldi devs,

that sounds absolutely great and I chime into thanking you a lot for this great software!

Best, Simon

On 27.12.19 11:20, Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Dear Friends,

Frescobaldi 3.1 has been released! There are many new features.

Most notably:

- A new Fonts dialog to select fonts for text, and with more recent
   LilyPond versions, also for music.

- The Music View is completely rewritten under the hood. New
   possiblities:

   * Copy selected music to PDF, SVG or EPS in addition to PNG and JPG.

   * Zoom much deeper than ever before: thanks to tile-based rendering
     the Music View can zoom in virtually unlimited.

   * New layout modes: horizontal/vertical, continuous/non continuous,
     rotation, etc.

And there are many other little feature improvements and bug fixes.
Lastly, many improvements under the hood pave the way for new exiting
future possibilities, such as good multicore compile support, and
support for much more file formats in the Manuscript viewer etc.

I am very grateful to many co-developers that now contribute on a
regular basis: Urs Liska, Peter Bjuhr, and many others.

See all changes in the ChangeLog:
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/blob/master/ChangeLog

Download the source tarball at:
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/releases

Please give packagers some time to prepare Windows/MacOSX installers,
they will be announced when ready.

Note that Frescobaldi is now part of the GitHub organisation with the
same name :-) to reflect that I'm certainly not the only one managing
this project :-)

Note to distributors and users of a git checkout: the MO (Message
Object) files with the translations are not in git anymore, but they are
built manually before packaging a source tarball.See INSTALL. When
installing from the source tarball it is not needed to build the MO
files.

Other notes:

- A recent version of the poppler library is needed to make vector
   graphics drawing and copying in the Music View work well.

- Frescobaldi does not use QtWebkit anymore, but instead now depends on
   QtWebEngine and its related modules.

Thanks to ALL the translators and contributors!
Enjoy!
Merry Christmas and happy new year!

  ' '  ~
  |  |- /-\ |\