LilyJSSVG

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: LilyJSSVG
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 01:55:02 +0100

Hello to all,

this is a first TEST pre-beta-beta (etc. etc.) version of a graphic editor entirely in _javascript_ and generated by Lilypond itself. Made mainly for fun in my spare time.
This GUI editor extends the functionality that I had experimented with the snippet published a few days ago for the tuning of curves through the mouse

https://github.com/paolo-prete/LilyJSSVG

At the moment, in addition to the tuning of curves and beams, it is possible to position texts, dynamics and articulations. The code is designed to be easily extended, in order to add other objects to be positioned, in addition to the ones mentioned above: I created a template and a _javascript_ API that allows this. For now, however, I still need to test what has been implemented before adding more features.

Unlike the previous script, there is no need for copy and paste: the editor offers a textarea that is automatically updated following mouse actions, plus a button for compiling .ly files.

You can make any changes you want. Save / compile and go on modifying: the functions requested by Urs have therefore been implemented.

It should be simple to use (a mini how-to is on the project's Github homepage and in the example .ly file).

Everything is ready to be tried.
Please use version 2.19.83 for testing. At the moment I cannot provide support for other versions.
Furthermore, in order to allow the editor to compile the Lilypond files, I created a Python script which is also included in the project, and which communicates with the editor by executing the compile command after pressing the "compile" button. This script has been tested on Linux, but should be compatible with other operating systems.
Finally: everything has been tested on Firefox and Chrome browsers: I do not guarantee operation on other browsers, for now.

Of course, I need your help to continue all this. Thanks to everyone who helped me with the Scheme part: now I need new support, because in the next weeks I won't have much time.

In particular I need a person who does code cleaning for both _javascript_ and Scheme. But above all, there is a need to test all this as much as possible. Only in this way this project will have a future. If this works, the next feature will be adding point-and-click.

And if this works, I would be glad if it could appear in openlilylib project (waiting for Urs' feedback)

Best,