Re: Shift up OttavaBracket

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Shift up OttavaBracket
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 20:15:05 +0100

> Hi David,
>
>> What's wrong with \offset itself?
>
> Nothing, I suppose, as long as it worked consistently with all grobs
> (which it clearly doesn’t currently).

Well, I don't see the solution in creating a larger set of commands that
work in some circumstances.  If there are inconsistencies in the effects
of \offset that make no sense to users, then one probably needs to see
whether the positioning can be changed in a manner where meddling with
it delivers the expected results.

--
David Kastrup