Re: SVG in \markup Block?

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Re: SVG in \markup Block?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 22:08:40 -0500

<path class="st0" d="M2.94,8.32L0,0h1.38L3.1,5.36L4.56,0h0.68L2.94,8.32z”/>

That would convert to:

%%%%
\markup \path #0.1 #'(
  (moveto 2.94 8.32) (lineto 0 0) (rlineto 1.38 0)
  (lineto 3.1 5.36) (lineto 4.56 0) (rlineto 0.68 0)
  (lineto 2.94 8.32) (closepath)
)
%%%%

(I had to guess at the styling of the path, but know that \path supports a number of properties you can \override to control how it strokes and/or fills the shape.)
It should not be too difficult to create a procedure to unpack an SVG string into the equivalent shown above. If I get a few moments, I might try my hand and sketching something.
-- Aaron Hill

Thanks, Aaron. This is *tremendously* helpful. It gives me a good start to go on. I noticed that your version rotated the symbol 180 degrees, so if I prefixed all of the numbers with a negative, it made it appear right (although very large, which was the fault of the sizing of my original description).

Is there a handy list somewhere of how the SVG primitives map to the native Lilypond commands? I could generate such a list from studying the SVG specification, but if someone has already documented this, it would be easier and more efficient to stand on their shoulders.

-Arle