Gentoo python-poppler phaseout

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Gentoo python-poppler phaseout
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 09:11:19 +0100

Hi List, Hi Wilbert,

I just want to check something. According to this bug:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/706030

gentoo will be removing python-poppler from its tree. The dev there asserts that python-poppler-qt5 does not require python-poppler, and the version in the gentoo repo does not. Wilbert, can you let me know whether frescobaldi explicitly requires your version of python-poppler-qt5, which in turn requires python-poppler? Or whether I can use the version of python-poppler-qt5 that's in the gentoo repo (currently version -0.24.2_p20170214)? If python-poppler is still required, can you please chime in on that bugreport?

Thanks for the help.