Re: Syntax highlighting

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Syntax highlighting
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 10:45:54 +0100

Am Samstag, den 25.01.2020, 17:48 +1000 schrieb Craig Dabelstein:
Hi everyone,

I've written a LilyPond syntax highlighter for pygments. It's not perfect but it's mostly working. Is there anyone out there who could test it?

Thank you for working on it.

How does one test it?
First clone the repository and install pygments from there (its `setup.py`) I suppose. The README suggests using `pip`, which surely wouldn't work, isn't it?

I have installed Pygments through pip3, is there a way to avoid a conflict, e.g. by *not* installing your pygments clone but directly invoke the proper executable?

I suppose testing would be done through using the command line version as described on https://pygments.org/docs/cmdline/ ?

Best
Urs

I'm sure there is lots that could be improved on it. It is running without errors, but it is failing the pull request tests and I don't know why. I'm not experienced enough to work it out.

Thanks everyone,

Craig