Re: Scheme: get current beam-thickness

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Scheme: get current beam-thickness
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 12:00:38 -0800

On 2020-01-25 11:40 am, David Kastrup wrote:
Aaron Hill <address@hidden> writes:
I am unaware of any simpler approach, as it is my understanding that
grobs do not persist the entire context within which they were
created.

How would they then make it to the page?  Suicided grobs have their
properties deleted prematurely, but those are not the rule.

Mind you, I would love to be shown that I am incorrect.

This is Scheme anyway.  In general, objects persist as long as you are
able to reference them.

Wait, do grobs have a reference to the context?

I know you can use \applyOutput to process grobs at a given moment in time, and that provides you access to both the grobs and the context. And my snippet showed using an engraver to achieve something similar. But within, say, a stencil procedure, it seems like you only have the grob to work with. Is there some ly:grob-context method that I have been overlooking?

-- Aaron Hill