Re: Viewing PDF output

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Viewing PDF output
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 08:49:16 +0100

Am Donnerstag, den 30.01.2020, 02:39 -0500 schrieb Michael Finton:
Urs and Abraham,

First, thank you for the warm welcome :)  I appreciate your speedy replies.

Full disclosure:  I've only been using Lilypond for around three weeks. Long story short, I wanted to try and input / print out a copy of a Schenkerian analysis that I had done on manuscript decades  ago, and decided to try and teach myself the language.  What on earth could possibly go wrong?!

LOL

I unfortunately haven't created other files and so honestly don't know the source of the difficulties I'm having.  However, the description that you provided, Urs, is exactly what I'm experiencing.  It wouldn't surprise me if the issues are related to the \layout section and the values I've entered.

I'm happy to upload the PDF output as well as the source code - I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't breaking any rules before I did so.  And if it's ok for me to go ahead and do that, please, be gentle :)  It's definitely a work in progress.

You don't break *our* rules by posting LilyPond sources here, that's what we usually require. You should just think of any possible copyright of the material itself before posting.

Generally one should provide a MWE (minimal working example exposing the problem), but I assume in your case that's the issue - if you could strip the issue down to an MWE you'd probably have solved it by yourself.

PDF or PNG should only be added if they are *needed* to show an issue, and if they are rather small.

HTH
Urs

Mike