Re: New release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: New release
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 17:57:20 +0100

Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Phil,
>
> I downloaded and I'm trying to install the windows version.
>
> Is it normal that 2.19.84 version tries to install itself it in the old
> folder "LilyPond2.19.83"?
>
> Have a look to the attached screenshot.

I suspect that it just tries installing into the same directory that you
directed it to install to with the last invocation.  That this contains
a version string is not detected.  It would likely be an interesting
change to the installer to search for such patterns and replace them,
but since the installer is not generic to LilyPond but a
Windows-specific GUB component, that change would likely require some
knowledgable surgery.  Alternatively I am not sure whether Frescobaldi
does not offer a means to download and install LilyPond versions.

--
David Kastrup