Re: Resetting beat count

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Resetting beat count
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 22:19:33 -0800

On 2020-03-07 9:41 pm, Pablo Cordal wrote:
Hi everyone!

I need to write several musical elements one after the other in the same staff separated by a double bar.Each element can last less or more than one bar (could be for instance 1 bar and a half),and I need an instruction so
the beat count starts after each double bar.

Anybody can give a hand please?

Seems like all you need to do is reset the Timing.measurePosition back to zero and increment the Score.currentBarNumber:

%%%%
\version "2.19.84"

forceBar = #(define-music-function (bar) (string?)
  (define (advanceToNextMeasure context)
    (let ((timing (ly:context-find context 'Timing))
          (score (ly:context-find context 'Score)))
      (ly:context-set-property! timing 'measurePosition
        (ly:make-moment 0))
      (ly:context-set-property! score 'currentBarNumber
        (1+ (ly:context-property score 'currentBarNumber)))))
  #{ \applyContext #advanceToNextMeasure \bar #bar #})

{
  \override Score.BarNumber.break-visibility = #all-visible

  b'4 4 4 4 4 \forceBar "|."
  b'4 4 4 4 4 4 4 \forceBar "|."
  b'4 4 4 \forceBar "|."
  b'4 4 4 4 4 4 \forceBar "|."
}
%%%%

I have wrapped that up in a \forceBar command which acts like a \bar that always starts a new measure.

This could have unintended side-effects, so additional testing would be needed.

-- Aaron Hill