Re: Markup in chordmode

From: Neo Anderson
Subject: Re: Markup in chordmode
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 11:56:34 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
A great cheat sheet! Thank you!
Regards,

On Saturday, March 14, 2020, 01:19:33 PM GMT+1, Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear Pablo,

please write to the lilypond-user list and not to me personally. You
will get more help there.

Am 14.03.20 um 06:24 schrieb Pablo Cordal:
> Do you know how can I use this kind of structure f2:3.5.8/+c with other
> type of chords? for instance, with a diminished chord, is
> it f2:dim:3,5,8/+c?
>  f2:3,5,8:dim/+c? none of these seem to work.

In your chords, you use a comma (,) instead of a dot (.) and you use
more than one colon (:) which is not the correct syntax. You can write this:

\new Staff \chordmode {
  f2:dim3.5.8/+c
}

The pattern is (and almost every part can be omitted):

<root note> <duration> : <modification> <additions and removals> / or /+
<base>

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/chord-mode

I also send you the part about chords from my LilyPond cheat sheet:
http://joramberger.de/files/lilypond_sheet_2.18_en.pdf

Cheers,
Joram